I decided to export my human model and realistic hare model to Unity. Theoretically, it is not difficult. Export 3D model as .fbx file and import in Unity. When I tried to import the realistic hare I found that it was not possible to import its fur. By googling I got the explanation, that Particular System simulations of Blender are not supported at all due to the fact that Unity has a completely different solution.
So, I had to use another solution for creating illusion of the fur. Using Blender, I baked out a Color Map and a Normal Map and brought them into Unity.
I used different technique when creating the clothes meshes. I found that the best way to make clothing and fit it to my character is to select a part of the body in the shape of a shirt or shorts for example and duplicate it. I created the knickers and the brassiere so. In the process of creating meshes I used modifiers such as Mirror, Solidify, Subdivision Surface. I was ready to unwrap them. But then the question about sequence of applying modifiers arose in my mind. Well, I decided to do some experiments. And here are the results with comments.
The first example is the dress. The modifiers are not applied at all. It seems that it was not good idea to use flower patterns. So, the first advice is: apply Mirror modifier before UV map unwrapping for patterns clothes.
I applied the Mirror modifier before UV mapping of the shawl. I wanted that the shawl fabric would be a little bit transparent and may be glossy.
As far the last couple of clothes, the Mirror modifier was applied before unwrapping. The Solidify modifier was applied only in the brassiere case. As a result, I had to texture also inside part of the brassiere. I used Transparent BSDF shader for making the edges of these clothes transparent. I am quite satisfied with the edge of the knickers but inside part of the brassiere edge must be fixed. So the second advice, don’t apply Solidify modifier before UV unwrapping if you don’t have some special reason for that.
Yep, my model ‘s body is ready. But she needs hair, clothes. I am going to rig and animate it. So … so mush to do.
It was great to create fur to this model. I learned a lot again. I polished the fur using Weight Paint Mode and Particle Edit Mode.
Painting was very easy and funny.
There are two ways of sculpting. I used the simplest and safe one for me. Namely, I used Multiresolution – modifier and when sculpting I used F SculpDraw brush. In the slides, I present the workflow from the low poly model to the sculptured model slightly edited by the brush .
These flowerpots are result of my experiments with UV – maps. I created three maps. I drew textures for the flowerpots. For the table I used downloaded texture from this site.